Thursday, February 7, 2008

Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Yes, I've had like 3,796 shoes drop, but it's the "other" shoe that hasn't dropped yet.

I've been covering for a lady at work for the past month--she's been off on medical leave due to a work related injury. Yeah, I work in an accounting office. What kind of work related injuries happen to accountant types? Paper cuts? Respiratory problems related to sniffing white-out? Actually, she slipped in one of the hallways coming in to work one day and did some damage to her rotator cuff.

So anyways, she's been off on medical leave and I've been doing some of her stuff. Most of it has been easy, but the last couple of days I've been compiling and entering the stats for all of the hospitals we account for. And the last two days I've just had this feeling of impending doom in the back of my head. I know I'll forget something and I'm afraid it will be terribly important. But I also know I was given maybe 2-3 hours of training for something that is only done once a month and I've had a whole month to forget just about everything I was taught. I've managed to do OK and if I do have any problems, I think I've got a pretty good reason, but still. I hate feeling this way.

And, I've worked 10+ hour days the last two days--something the higher-ups generally frown on. Payday may turn out to be a nice reward for all my stress and anxiety.

My shoes (the Montrail Hard Rock's) are here!

No comments: