Saturday, September 27, 2008

One week to St. George!

I remember when October 4th seemed like such a long long ways away, and now here it is at my door step. A week from right this very instant I will have finished running the St. George Marathon and, hopefully, taken a decent nap and enjoyed a triple cheese burger at Wendy's.

This morning I had hoped to get in about 13 miles running down American Fork Canyon from the Dell to my place. Corbin had certain needs and requirements that necessitated my presence with him between the hours of 7:30 and 9:30 a.m. so I had to put off my own interests for his. I went running today just after noon. Decided to run up to Kohler's in Highland, get a cold drink, head up and around by Lone Peak High School, past the Mount Timpanogos Temple and then home. I knew a straight shot up to Kohler's and straight back was about 9 miles--I thought adding the extra would put me at 10. Turned out it put me at 11.

It's all good.

Well, not really.

The distance was good. The actual run was a bit of an unpleasant chore. I did not enjoy myself a lot--no, not a lot at all! My average pace was 9:28. Only 5 of the 11 miles were under 9 minutes! I just wasn't feeling it. I'm feeling a bit discouraged and my outlook on my St. George performance isn't exactly optimistic. We'll see.

No comments: