Friday, May 2, 2008

Pointless post

Just to bring the world up to speed on the goings on in my life--if you can call it that.

Anyways, I applied for some jobs down at the hospital--jobs that are essentially what I do but on a larger and more detailed scale--back in early April. Didn't even get an interview. Ouch.

I ordered a Rock Shox Tora 318 U-turn fork today with some of my tax "rebate" money. I've been riding my bike for coming up on 6 or 7 years with a fork that had a manufacturers safety recall on it. Aren't they supposed to make some sort of real effort to let you know about that kind of thing? Maybe I'm supposed to make some real effort to find out about that kind of thing...

The Service Engine Soon light came on in my car again. Last time it did that it cost me close to $400 to have a gasket or a seal of some sort replaced. Not really wanting that to happen right now I did a bit of digging through the vastness that is the Internet and read about something as simple as changing the spark plugs being being a solution to that light coming on more times than not. Since I believe everything I read on the Internet I immediately went out and bought some spark plugs and swapped out the old ones. It's been a while so the car was probably due anyways. Interesting thing I found was that one of the old plugs didn't match the other three. I'm pretty sure I put 4 of the same kind in when I did the job the last time. Made me wonder though if maybe I paid $400 for what I was told was a gasket/seal replacement when all I really got was one new spark plug. I doubt it, but I wonder where that one plug came from...

The Executive Ward Secretary (Bro. Shelton I think) and the High Priest Group Leader (Bro. Hayes) came by on Wednesday night and spent a good hour visiting with me. Seriously, that's the absolute longest anybody in this ward has sat and talked to me EVER in the 4 plus years I've been here. They are both aware of my circumstances and the issues I'm dealing with and they were both very supportive and encouraging. I told them that still, 4 years later, I have a hard time walking into church alone after having had my family with me for 13 years. They were both very empathetic but acknowledged--and were very grateful for--the fact that they really couldn't actually appreciate what it really felt like. I hope they never have to find out.

Spring semester is over. Abnormal Psychology: B+. Applied Parenting: A.

The Ogden Marathon is coming up in two weeks. I'm kind of excited to see if I can run it in under 4 hours! I'm pretty sure I can but I've thought that before and come up short. Or long. And then 3 weeks after that is the Squaw Peak 50. I'm mucho unprepared for that hummer. Little actual trail running and no back to back long runs like I would have like to have done. There's still a bit of time though.

Corbin has played two ball games so far this season in spite of the fact he's re-broken his arm. In both of those games he hit an in-the-park homerun! His team won the first game but lost the second. Both were close games that were decided in the final inning.


And the Utah Jazz just knocked off the Houston Rockets winning the series 4 games to 2. Go Jazz!

No comments: