Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's all good.

The grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup: good.

The financial aid: good.


I've been on a grilled cheese sandwich kick the last little while and tonight I added some tomato soup to the mix. I haven't had tomato soup in more than 4 years! Good stuff.

Tonight was the first night of my second class. The first night of my first class was last night. Both are psychology classes. But the financial aid came through, thankfully, and I'm good to go. Now, if I could just somehow come by $225 to pay for the books I need... That's another subject altogether! And could I go on and on about that!

Anyways, the classes themselves...

Last night's class was Applied Parenting. It came highly recommended and I opted to take it. The teacher lives in St. George and has the class broadcast from Dixie College up to, I think, 4 facilities here in Utah County. The teacher also just happens to be one of the co-founders of BACA. He's got long hair in a pony tail down the back and a huge beard. He appears to be fairly good sized and has a big tattoo on his right forearm. I mention that only because he's got MSW, LCSW, and CPT-S that officially follow his name. I wouldn't see him on the street and think to myself. "there's a Licenced Clinical Social Worker if I've ever seen one!" Cool guy. I think that class will be loads of fun. And who knows, maybe I'll become a better parent to my 19-year-old...

Tonight's class was Abnormal Psychology. I know, I know. I thought the same thing. Isn't everything about psychology abnormal? Well, yes. And no. Everybody exhibits abnormal behavior at some point in their lives; whether it's anxiety or depression, or whatever. Those things are generally viewed as "abnormal", but it's fairly normal to experience them at varying points in life. Abnormal psychology deals with behaviors that are Deviant, Dangerous, Dysfunctional, and Distressing. Some of the things we'll be discussing in this class are: Anxiety Disorders, Mood Disorders, Suicide, Eating Disorders; Substance, Sexual, and Gender Identity Disorders; as well as Schizophrenia. Sounds like fun to me!!!

Tomorrow, I guess, I'll head over to the book store and surrender an arm and/or a leg (or my credit card) and pick up 3 books. Did I mention that those three books are gonna cost me upwards of $225?

No comments: