Thursday, December 27, 2007

Responsible pet owner?

I think my dog is the dumbest dog EVER!

I've been bringing him inside each day when I get home from work and then putting him back outside each morning before I leave. That's where I've become a responsible pet owner.

But if I think I've got a stupid dog, does that eliminate any pluses I may have earned by bringing him in out of the cold?

Or maybe he's not dumb. Maybe he's got a neighbor somewhere that comes over while I'm gone and feeds him. He just doesn't eat what I provide for him. At least not while he's in the house.

Tonight, I made myself a couple grilled cheese sammiches and put out some food and water for him. He just sat there looking at me and drooling all over the kitchen floor, leaving his dinner completely untouched.

I don't know.

I've tried isolating him in a smaller room with his food, but he doesn't touch it. And that's why I think somebody else might be feeding him. He just doesn't eat what I give him. When I do leave food outside for him, it's always gone, but I think the neighbor's dogs come over and eat it.

I wonder if I posted a sign up, if that would do anything? (not that the dogs eating the food would pay it any mind... but the neighbor might.)

I definitely need to get a more secure outdoor enclosure for my dog though. (that WOULD keep the dogs out of his food...)

No comments: