Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Email

You know how it goes. An email account is an invitation for spammers and those good-hearted folks who forward things that, if forwarded by you, will save souls...

Well, my mother, apparently, has a difficult time if I don't respond to her emails. Today, my sister was helping my mother out--inquiring as to whether or not I had received certain messages. It got to the point that I had to make a statement--and I made it to the entire family so as not to single out any one person (mom).

This is the statement:

Lest there be any more confusion regarding my email address and whether or not I am receiving the emails you send me...

I have two email accounts:

One here at the hospital that should only be used for work related stuff, but seeing as how internet access has been limited at work, I have instructed you to contact me, if necessary, during working hours at this address: *******.*******@*****************.org. (As an FYI (and to really confuse the issue) starting Monday, 12/10, my work email will become *******.*******@*****.org, but the longer one (*******.*******@*****************.org) will continue to work. Intermountain made the change because the *****.org domain just recently became available.)

Another at Yahoo.com that is my personal email account (and there are actually numerous addresses I have at this account). There are two primary addresses that I use: *******_******@*****.com (there’s a _ between the ******* and the ******) and *******.*******@*****.com. Both work just fine assuming you have them plugged into your email address book correctly.

Should you not receive a reply from me on an email, please do not automatically assume that I didn’t receive it. Chances are that I actually did, but felt a response was optional. If a reply is required, please make note of that in the email and I will gladly reply to your query if only to say, “Ugh!” or “Bite me!” Additionally, please don’t assume that I have slighted you or disregarded your email as unimportant or not worth my time (although I may very well have). I’m just not the type to hurry up and hit the reply button unless I am profoundly impacted by the contents of the email or fear severe repercussions due to a failure to reply.

If, by some small chance, I have offended any of you as a result of the content (full or partial) of this dissertation, please respond to the following email address: got.a.dime@whocares.com.

Sincerely and with all the love an email can contain:

Me

PS: if you forward this email to 13 people within the next 7 ½ minutes, Microsoft will deposit $12,059 into your personal account and you will be admitted into the highest heaven—no questions asked.

I thought myself rather clever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you answer anyone's e-mails, it should be your mother's. There will come a day when you'll no longer receive them.

Maynard said...

Oh, she gets responses.