Sunday, March 11, 2007

12 miserable miles...

12.03 mile run this afternoon in 1:47:something. My average pace was somewhere near 8:52 I think.

  • Tunes:
  • Rock Me - Great White
  • Heavy - Collective Soul
  • Let's Get Rocked - Def Leppard
  • She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
  • World's Forgotten Boy - Billy Idol
  • Anytime - Journey
  • I Feel You - Depeche Mode
  • So In Love - OMD
  • Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
  • Shake It Up - The Cars
  • Locked In - Judas Priest
  • The Party's Over (Hopelessly in Love) - Journey
  • Shock to the System - Billy Idol
  • Only The Young - Journey
  • Route 66 - Depeche Mode
  • Armageddon It - Def Leppard
  • Turbo Lover - Judas Priest
  • Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
  • Save Your Love - Great White
  • Real, Real, Real - Jesus Jones
  • Fire Woman - The Cult
  • Messages - OMD
  • Right Here, Right Now - Jesus Jones
  • Kyrie - Mr. Mister

Having just listed all the songs I listened to on my run today, I was hit with the thought, "What's the point?" And so, I don't know that I'm going to continue to post the tunes. Because I decided not to.

I'm tired. I feel like crap. I have to work and I can't nap. DANG!!!

My run: I had just about talked myself out of actually doing it. The morning was a bit colder than expected and there was a stiff breeze blowing out of the north-west. I hadn't eaten breakfast and after downing 4 chicken soft tacos from Del Taco, I wasn't optimistic with my chances.

But, after berating myself over the issue for a while, I threw on the running clothes--and a brand, spanking new pair of shoes--and headed out the door. I figured that I could always turn back early.

8/10ths of a mile into the run I was wading through the strong smell of farm country: manure. I knew that there was the potential for worse a few miles further along though.

My running wasn't exactly fast and I felt pretty comfortable. My new shoes are great! (I don't know if a 12-miler was a good way to break them in though...)

At mile-3 I was approaching the Timpanogos Special Service District Water Reclamation Facility. The sewage treatment plant. I don't know about you, but anything that processes sewage and uses the words "Water Reclamation Facility" in its title makes me a bit uneasy. 10 million gallons of sewage each day... That's what the web site says. That's just gross! And to actually run by it? Luckily, the wind was blowing in a good direction.

Up over the freeway and along the bike path that parallels Pleasant Grove Blvd. They did the path with concrete. Why not asphalt? It would sure be easier on a runner's joints!

A stop at the theater for a beverage (a quick shot of Pepsi) and I was on my way back to the start by way of the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. By mile 9 I was really starting to fatigue but I felt good and kept plodding along--no walking breaks the entire 12 miles! SWEET! See how good I am?

Back at grandma's, I quickly downed a glass of milk and huge amounts of water, showered, and "napped" for an hour before heading over to the theater.

And here I am.

I'm tired. I feel like crap. I have to work and I can't nap. Dang!!

No comments: