Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Me and Imelda Marcos

You remember Imelda Marcos? Wife of Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos?

She had 2700 pairs of shoes.

I have, probably, less than 1% of that number. Yes, I have fewer than 27 pairs of shoes. But it's close. I'm probably pushing close to 20 pair.

And most of them are running shoes.

Which really isn't that surprising--at least to me.

What kind of boggles my mind is this: I have probably 7 pairs of running shoes that I currently rotate through. Some are road shoes and others are trail shoes, but still.

There was a time, not so long ago, that I was rotating 1 pair of shoes. Which means there was no rotation. I wore the same pair of running shoes day in and day out until they wore out.

So what happened?

Has less than 1% of me been taken over by the spirit of Imelda?

No comments: