Saturday, October 9, 2010

Is this heaven?


I ran through a bit of heaven today.

At least it felt like heaven.

Most of it.

It was, oh, I don't know--awesome?

Totally awesome!

And I live 13 miles away from 24/7/365 access.

And me such a bitter and angry person. Really?

2 miles up the Bear Canyon trail, hop on trail 150 and/or 151--The Great Western Trail--and then it hooks up to the Pine Hollow Trail. 8 miles of heaven. At Salamander Flat there's the option to go up some more and hook into trail 157 before diverting down on the Pine Hollow trail and you've added what I hope turns out to be 2 more miles. I'll let you know for sure when I find out.

Aside from the close proximity of the Alpine Loop road and the fact that motorcycles (of the dirt variety) are allowed on the trail, this really is one of THE best trails I've run on.

I was starting to hurt a bit during the last mile, but it was hurting soooooooo good!

The only bad thing? It's October--there's going to be snow up there perty soon and that's going to severely limit access.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sometimes it's nice to see something so beautiful and get a little perspective. I had the same experience twice in the past two days.

Anonymous said...

those pics are way cool dad .when can run again you will have to take me !