Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snowshoeing and a bull moose

If you go back to my January 01, 2008 blog, you'll read about the New Years and Numb Arses run my brothers and I did New Years morning. Well, we did it again. Actually, it was me, Brett, and Russell this year. Jerry is in Georgia.

Later that day, after minimal sleep, Mike and Donald showed up at my place to go snowshoeing. And so we did. And it was awesome! We hiked up the Bear Canyon trail to the Timpooneke Road on trail 179. We then hiked down the Timpooneke Road to trail 178 which hooks back into 179 which we followed back down to the Dell. Just before we hit the last set of switchbacks, a big bull moose came into view and we just sat and stared at it and it looked back, snorted, and continued to look. Finally, we gave up on the staring contest and cautiously finished our trek. What a way to end it though. I wish so bad I had taken my camera! Next time, for sure, I will.

No comments: