Sunday, December 28, 2008

What a pathetic end to the year...

At least where my running is concerned.

I last ran on Christmas morning--and only put in 4 1/2 miles.

I have no drive. I have no desire.

I'm pathetic.

I can feel myself atrophy. My arms, my core, my legs. It's all withering. (Not that I really had much to begin with...)

I just need to suck it up and get out and put in the miles. I need to.

But I don't want to.

I'm going to pack for a run tomorrow regardless of my attitude. Mind over mood, right? I know I'll feel better if I actually do it.

I will!

I wonder if I suffer from SAD?

Three days to turn this year around! If I run all three days, everything else in the world will work out, correct?

If I eat one more Hershey's Bell, I think I might puke. But if I eat them all now, there won't be any for me to eat tomorrow...

My dog won't drink out of his water bowl here in the house. And he'll eat very little food. As soon as I put him outside though, he chows down on the snow. I don't understand my dog.

I need a set of Torx keys. Maybe that's what I'll get myself for Christmas this year. Or maybe I should just worry about getting out and running tomorrow and Tuesday and Wednesday.

There's a scheduled run down AF Canyon for the Johnson Bros. just after midnight on New Years. Three of us did it for '08 and it looks as though three of us will do it for '09. What fun. I seem to recall my contacts freezing up...

Haley's car needs some work done on it before she heads back to Logan this weekend. I sure wish to heck that I had a garage to do all of that in. Grumble, grumble, grouse, and whine...

Hyperbole is the BEST thing ever!

I just ate another Hershey's Bell. Extra creamy solid milk chocolate... Mmmm!

Mike and Donald both want to go snowshoeing. I ought to drag them up to the Dell here in the next while before all the good snow is gone. I'll check with 'em tomorrow. Maybe Thursday would work for both of them.

Bed time.

2 comments:

leigh said...

hey, can you hear me!!! hello in there. do you want me to beat you at Squaw Peak? then get up and get your sorry BA out there and run. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Mind over mood? That's good, I like that. You really ought to get out and go running. I ought to, too. I ran 4 miles on New Year's Eve. I'm not just atrophying, I'm getting fat!
Ask Katie.