Sunday, December 14, 2008

The fun never ends!

I am getting pretty good at fixing my car's ills though. Well, that's not entirely truthful.

I've really just been working on the one ailment for quite some time now...

However, each thing I've fixed thus far along has actually had problems, so I'm actually fixing smaller parts of a larger problem--or so it would seem.

I guess a crappy economy has had at least one positive result: it's made me do stuff under the hood of my car I don't think I really ever would have done before. I've replaced one sensor, unstuck one valve, and cleaned I don't know how much carbon out of various locations. Neat!

Tomorrow, bright and early (if I get myself to bed so I can get up with the alarm...) I'll replace the ECTS (engine coolant temperature sensor) and check the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. The ECTS on the car now is an older model that is cracked and needs to be replaced anyways. I'm not entirely sure of the connection between that and the high idle though... Anyone? It's a $10 fix. If it's the MAP sensor, I'm looking at $50. There's also a chance it could be the TPS (throttle position sensor), and that'll run me about $60.

Crimony! I'm supposed to be taking the kids up to Salt Lake tomorrow for the Christmas Carol Sing-a-long at the Energy Solutions Arena along with Cort and Randi. I've got to do the car thing first off, go to work, and then get home in time to head up north by 5:00. I don't know that I'm gonna get everything done I need to get done.

I bought a cake pan today. Triple chocolate brownies for my Addi!

No comments: