Sunday, April 20, 2008

What to do?

So I got my mountain bike tuned up yesterday and it's ready to ride. Good times. Accolades to Bike Peddler here in American Fork for doing such good job (so far as I can tell). Now we just need the snow to melt. Don't know how much luck there I'll have--it's supposed to snow again today in the higher elevations although I haven't seen any yet.

But I've been upgrading various components of my old bike for a while now. Next on the list is the front suspension--the fork. Right now I'm riding on a Rockshox Judy TT. It's done well, but I know that there's more to be had from the front end that what I've gotten. So, the question is, where do I go from here? I've not been blessed with an overabundance of cash--the most I feel I might be able to spend is $400 and I'd prefer to spend less. But on what? I don't have disc brakes so it needs to be v-brake compatible. I've been looking at the Rockshox Tora at about $220. I'd really like to go with something like the Fox 32 but there's more cash involved there (upwards of $600). If anyone reading this can point me in the right direction towards a decent and affordable fork, please comment.

No comments: