Thursday, July 4, 2013

I make things popular

Case in point: running. 

Used to be that not many people ran. Fewer ran marathons. True, running was gaining in popularity before I started way back when, in the previous century, like 1997 I think. 

But it wasn't nearly has hip and cool as it is now--since I started doing it.

And it's kind of odd, too, in that I'm not particularly good or fast. I'm exceptionally average.

Still.

I don't know exactly what it is. Social media maybe? Folks hear about my running exploits via facebook and want to be more like me, possibly. Who knows?

Regardless, it's become somewhat of an item of concern. Particularly with respect to trail running.

I don't want it to become popular. I want it to be enjoyed by a few rather than the masses because I'll enjoy it more by sharing it, and the trails, with less people.

So, in the end, I cannot recommend that anybody begin trail running. It's no fun. In fact, don't run at all. Except for maybe on a treadmill--cause that's real run.

Peace and love...

2 comments:

Missy said...

Pop U Lar!

Missy said...

POP U LAR! I'm not running trails if that makes you happier. Joseph is. I'm not. :)