Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sitting, contemplating, feeling the mind atrophy...

Here I am, sitting in front of the worst invention EVER--the computer. It sucks away time and life.

Kinda like the TV used to.

And I think my cell phone does the same thing!

Who was the genius?

Let's keep the TV, but lose the computers and cell phones. Let's go back to the days of rotary telephones and communication processes that took hours and days rather and seconds.

Seriously, if I fail to answer my phone, or respond to an email, people start to assume that I've either died or been abducted by aliens. The outer space kind, not the ones across the street in the trailer park.

Maybe I should somehow play that abduction thing up a bit and see if I can't find a little "me" time. But it would probably come back and bite me in the butt eventually.

The time wasted watching funny news clips and the latest viral video or looking for some old and obscure CD--for crying out loud!--it should take 5 minutes but it always takes an hour.

Or two.

I need to go out and run.

No comments: