Monday, March 15, 2010

The Evil Treadmill and Me

I'll have had my treadmill for 5 years coming up here in July. I don't really know--is that a long time to have a treadmill that has only had one user?

I've been using it a lot since the first of the year--mainly because it started out really cold in January and then because it's just been easier to jump on it later in the evening.

It's a noisy beast and I'm starting to smell burnt rubber once in a while. I should probably take advantage of the service contract I have before it expires in July. UTS (Universal Technical Services) is the service contract company. Want to see some scary stuff? Google Universal Technical Services and look for crappy customer service links. They are aplenty. And then there are a few more.

Still, it's probably a good idea for me to at least try to get something out of the contract before it expires.

When I get a new treadmill, I think I'll buy a little higher up the food chain. Any suggestions? A Precor or a True treadmill would be very nice.

But I really dislike treadmill running. That's not true--entirely. I don't prefer treadmill running. But there are times when it's definitely a necessity. So, should I invest in a good treadmill or go with NordicTrack again?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

How many miles do you think you have put on it?

Runnin Rat said...

I would try some out if possible. The one I like best at the gym (keep in mind, it is a small town gym, they bought all their equipment at Sears) has 3 displays. I like that one best, but the track is so narrow, wish I could combine the track of the bigger one with the display of this little one. Good luck, invest in it, it will take you no where but help your butt...