Tuesday, February 10, 2009


Went snowshoeing again today.

Alone.

Dad said he was a bit worried about me on account of a mountain lion sighting he and mom had a while back.

He didn't tell me he was worried about that until I got back though.

Lost my camera in the snow.

Found it.

Didn't make it up to the Timpooneke Road as I had planned due to exhaustion, but I was close. Real close.

The snow was so deep where I turned around that, even with snowshoes on, my feet were sinking in the snow up to my knees!


I enjoyed being the first one to traipse through the freshly fallen snow, but it sure was a workout. My legs are going to hurt tomorrow.

I almost didn't go. Glad I did. Probably should have gone to work though. At least for half a day.

Oh well.

Good times.

I need some good pants to wear snowshoeing...

3 comments:

Maynard said...

I'm good Jerry--thanks. I found a pair of $120 pants for $40 today. Maybe I'll try 'em out this weekend!

Jerry, there was soooooo much fresh snow up there on Tuesday--maybe too much to snowshoe in--and the mountains are supposed to get hit again tonight and this weekend!

Jerry said...

Did I say something? I don't remember saying anything. Is there another Jerry in your life? I'm confused. I was just going to say that I want to go snowshoeing...

Maynard said...

Yes, you did. You mentioned that you had left your snow clothes here and that I could swing by your place to grab 'em. Thought I had published that comment--guess not.