Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gears are a-turnin'

I have this new crankset for my mountain bike sitting here on the floor next to my desk. Brand spanking new, in the box, eagerly awaiting it's installation on my bike. I'm eagerly awaiting it too! Too bad winter weather is nearly here.

The reason I bring it up is this: the trail I rode my bike on last--the one in which I took the rib cracking spill--would make an awesome 15 mile trail run. And as long as there isn't snow on the ground, it's doable. Right NOW! Well, except for the ribs of course. I think I'm going to try and do it as soon as I can though. This winter or early next fall. It'd be an easy 15-16 mile run, and if I just reverse path at the one end, it becomes 30+ mile run--a 50k easily, I would think!

The mind is now moving... considering... contemplating.

Timpanogos needs to have a trail run associated with it. There used to be (still is?) the Timpanogos Challenge 50K, but I've neither seen or heard a thing about it in years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that, brother! A run along the face of Timp would totally kick a**!!!