Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Holy Crap!

Has it really been that long? Serious neglect has been going on obviously.

Oh well.

I need to ask Leigh how to put music on this thing... Leigh?

Anyhow...

May 19: Ogden Marathon. 4:01:03 So close to coming in under 4 hours, but not quite enough. Damn!

July 24: Deseret News Marathon. 4:15:17 An 8 minute improvement from '04 when I ran it, but my brother Russ beat me. Damn!

August 25: Park City Marathon. 4:20:28 Again, significant improvement over my previous two PC efforts, but I could have/should have done so much better. Oh well.

September 02: Grand Teton Trail Marathon. 6:13:48 Now before you say anything, understand that this took place up in the Grand Teton's! The start was at 8,000 feet and at mile 2.5 we were up as high as 10,000 feet. This was one tough mother! I don't feel bad about my 6+ hour time in the least.

September 15: Top Of Utah Marathon. 3:57:16 FINALLY!! I broke 4 hours somewhere other than St. George! (Honestly, I thought Ogden would be the place, but I guess not.) Still, Russ came along and beat me again. Damn!

October 06: St. George Marathon. 3:44:19 Huge surprise. Ran with Russ and Jerry. Finished with Jerry. Russ beat me again. Damn! It was a very good race though. The temps were cool and it was just a beautiful day!

No more marathons this year. I'm done.

I did go mountain biking on Saturday (October 27) with Jerry. We had a good time. I got beat up though. I hurt worse today than I did Saturday. Go figure.

2 comments:

leigh said...

you look good with your bike BA. was this the day of the "great spill?" where is the blood?

Maynard said...

Aye, that it is! But the spill came after this picture was taken. And all the bleeding was done internally. ;-)